According to the articles author David’s response to questions about the prank phone call to Walker last month was that “he no relationship with the governor and didn’t directly support him.”
But as many other news outlets have reported there is a problem with the phone call its self in which Walker had stated that he had been in contact with Koch’s “guy on the ground”; potentially Tim Phillips who is Koch’s political deputy and the head of American’s for Prosperity a political front group for Koch Industries.
Furthermore, Think Progress has reported some troubling financial data that further puts things in to perspective when it comes to the deceit and corruption of Koch Industries and politics.
– Koch Industry’s PAC provided $43,000 in funds to Walker’s gubernatorial campaign, and funneled $1.5 million to the Republican Governor’s Association, which in turn spent $65,000 supporting Walker and $3.4 million in ads attacking Walker’s Democratic opponent.
– David Koch is the founder, financier, and chairman of Americans for Prosperity, a right-wing “grassroots” front group. Americans for Prosperity, according to the New York Times, pressured Walker before he was even sworn in to take on public sector unions. Americans for Prosperity bused in Tea Party activists to support Walker’s current power grab, organized a major rally to support Walker, and has purchased $342,200 in ads supporting Walker and attacking his liberal critics. Earlier this week, Americans for Prosperity announced a ten city bus tour of Wisconsin to hold rallies to bolster Walker. Neither Koch nor Americans for Prosperity has revealed how much they are spending on this bus tour or rallies.
– Koch’s other front groups have marshaled support for Walker. The American Legislative Exchange Council, a group financed with nearly $500,000 in Koch money and lead in part by a Koch executive, has pushed anti-public sector union legislation to Walker and the Wisconsin GOP. A wide range of Koch-tied groups, like the Reason Foundation and the Cato Institute, have also sung Walker’s praise in the media.
That sounds a whole lot like direct support, David. Very much like direct support for Governor Walker. It has become plainly obvious that Koch is hiding some very dirty secrets and that they have been playing dirty politics for a rather long time and they are getting nervous.
- Hypocrisy Alert: Charles Koch Blasts “Crony Capitalism” (motherjones.com)
- The Koch of Always: Yummy Details on Koch Industries Theft, Corruption & Pollution (libelstateofaffairs.wordpress.com)
- Koch Conspirators: Koch Front Group Airs Ad’s in Support of Walker (libelstateofaffairs.wordpress.com)